Texas Bean Dip
This ground beef and bean dip is so good, they'll want a spoon!
1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained or 12 ounces fully cooked ground beef
1 cup onion, minced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 (15-ounce) can black beans
1 (15-ounce) can black-eye peas
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans
1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 (16-ounce) jar salsa with cilantro
1 (16-ounce) jar salsa with chipotle
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- Sauté onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- Drain and rinse beans, black-eye peas and corn. Add to onion and garlic.
- Stir in the ground beef and salsas and heat through. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Serve in a crockpot with tortilla chips.
Serves 12 to 24.
- Pre-cooked ground beef crumbles or shredded beef may be substituted for a quick shortcut.
- Add 1 to 2 chilies from a can of chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce for a hotter flavor.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.