A simple, make-ahead pinwheel appetizer
with traditional flavors of the west.
Texas Tortilla Wheels
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 (2-ounce) can sliced ripe olives
1 cup sour cream
1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon green jalapeno pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
10 (7 to 8-inch) flour tortillas
- Combine all ingredients except the tortillas
in large bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cup of cheese mixture onto
a flour tortilla. Roll up jelly-roll style and wrap tightly in
plastic food wrap. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and tortillas.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice off the ends of the tortilla roll
and then slice into 6 even pieces; repeat procedure with each
- Arrange wheels on serving platter and
serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 5 dozen appetizers.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1 wheel):
45.3 calories; 51% calories from fat; 2.6g total fat; 6.0mg cholesterol;
99.0mg sodium; 11.2mg potassium; 3.9g carbohydrates; 0.1g fiber;
0.0g sugar; 3.8g net carbs; 1.6g protein.