These appetizer skewers of marinated flank steak offer the exotic taste of the Orient.
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
1 cup teriyaki sauce
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup fresh ginger, finely chopped
1/3 cup garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
24 bamboo skewers
- Cut beef diagonally, across the grain, into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Thread each slice onto a bamboo skewer.
- Prepare marinade by mixing teriyaki sauce, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Pour marinade over beef in shallow pan, reserving 1/4 cup for basting.
- Marinate in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Broil or grill 3 minutes per side to desired doneness, basting once or twice and turning occasionally.
Makes 24 appetizer servings.
Tip: When using bamboo skewers, soak in water before using to avoid burning.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.