Tomato and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Recipe courtesy of the Flour Advisory Bureau.
8 thick slices cut from a partially baked ciabatta loaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 ounces soft goat cheese*
1 small pack of cherry tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange slices of bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and crisp on the outside, allow to cool.
- Spread with goat cheese and top with halved cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
*Pesto or mozzarella cheese slices could be substituted for the goat cheese.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 175; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 3g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Flour Advisory Bureau.