Tomato Basil Crostini
A wonderful appetizer that offers the fresh taste of a summer garden in every bite.
3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 French baguette cut into 32 (1/4 inch) slices
1 head of garlic, roasted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut French baguette in 1/3 inch slices and place on a baking sheet and drizzle the bread with olive oil and season with salt. For extra flavor, rub the slices with roasted garlic.
- Toast for about 15 minutes or until golden in the oven.
- Chop tomatoes and slice basil leaves.
- Layer each piece of toast with tomato, basil and shredded Parmesan cheese drizzle with more Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.