Tomato Cheese Crostini
This recipe for crostini features a wonderful flavor combination of sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese and Gruyère cheese. This dish works great as an appetizer or an accompaniment to a salad or main entrée.
2 to 4 ounces soft goat cheese with garlic and herbs
1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 long French bread baguette
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- Preheat oven to broil and position oven rack 6 inches from broiling element.
- Combine goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, Gruyère cheese and pepper in medium bowl; stir well.
- Slice bread into 30 (1/4-inch) slices. Arrange on baking sheet and lightly brush tops with olive oil. Broil for about 1 minute or until light golden.
- Spread each bread slice with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture and return to oven. Broil until cheese begins to melt and brown.
- Top each slice with two tomato pieces. Serve immediately.
Makes 15 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.