Turkey Cheese Cups
Ground turkey, cheese and spices baked into the center of a refrigerated buttermilk biscuit cup.
1 pound Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey
1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
3/4 cup tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown turkey in non-stick skillet; drain.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder and vinegar. Add to turkey and mix well.
- Flatten biscuits into each of 10 greased muffin cups to cover bottom and sides of cups.
- Divide the turkey mixture between the biscuit-lined muffin cups, using about 1/4 cup meat mixture to each. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 13 to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin and serving.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 160 Calories from fat: 76 Total fat: 8 gm Saturated fat: 4 gm Cholesterol: 48 mg Sodium: 367 mg Carbohydrate: 10 gm Protein: 11 gm
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.