Ultimate Baked Brie
This elegant brie appetizer couldn't be easier and is sure to impress your guests.
1 (16-ounce) can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
1 (12-ounce) bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
1/3 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries
2 (7 to 8-inch) wheels Brie cheese
1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, and sweetened dried cranberries in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until smooth.
- Using warm, sharp knife, cut 1 wheel of cheese in half horizontally. Place bottom half on ovensafe serving plate. Spread 1/3 cup cranberry sauce mixture on cheese on plate. Top with remaining half of cheese, pressing lightly. Repeat with remaining wheel of cheese and 1/3 cup cranberry sauce mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is softened. Spoon remaining cranberry sauce mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with almonds, if using.
- Serve warm with crackers or bread.
Makes 16 to 20 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of ©H.J. Heinz Company, L.P. 2008. All rights reserved; ©2008 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. All rights Reserved, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.