Wild Mushroom Onion Jarlsberg Slider
The addition of a full-bodied cheese, like nutty Jarlsberg, and complimentary spices give this slider its own unique, delicious profile.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (12-inch) skinny baguette or 6 slider rolls
1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons orange or tangerine marmalade
1 cup caramelized onion/mushroom mixture (from brisket recipe), chop mushrooms to bite size pieces
6 thin slices homemade Braised Brisket (cut to fit baguette or rolls)
6 slices Jarlsberg cheese (cut to fit baguette or rolls)
- Slice baguette or rolls horizontally to open. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and toast.
- Drizzle 1/8 teaspoon balsamic vinegar on each half. Spread 1/2 teaspoon marmalade on each half.
- Spoon onion and mushroom on bottom half of bread or rolls.
- Add brisket and top with cheese. With roll (or baguette) tops to the side, broil 3 to 5 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
- Cover with tops (slice into 2-inch sliders if baguette) and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Jarlsberg, Woolwich Dairy, García Baquero, and Old Amsterdam cheeses, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.