Apple Raisin Snack Bars
These delicious apple raisin bars, made with oats, have a cheesecake-like layer with a crumb topping.
1 1/2 cups old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped apple
1/3 cup raisins
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and eggs, mixing until well blended. pour over baked crust.
- Top with remaining ingredients; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen bars.