No chocolate inside these brownies, they're flavored with brown sugar and vanilla...and walnuts for a crunch.
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 8x8x2-inch pan; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl; stir well.
- In a separate bowl stir flour, baking powder and salt together; add to sugar/egg mixture and mix well, stir in walnuts.
- Spread into pan; bake until a wooden pick inserted 2-inches from edge comes out clean, about 25 minutes. The center may still be soft.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
Makes 16 bars.