Berry Cheesecake Brownies
Chocolate brownies topped with a cheesecake layer dotted with juicy red raspberries.
1 (6-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup creamy butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar - divided use
4 large eggs - divided use
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract - divided use
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh or frozen, unthawed raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Butter and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan; melt over low heat, stirring frequently. Cool and pour into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar. Whisk in 3 eggs, one at a time, 2 teaspoons vanilla and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup flour; mix well and pour into the prepared pan.
- In a small mixing bowl beat together cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar using an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons flour and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread in an even layer over brownie batter; sprinkle with berries.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is puffed and tester comes out with crumbs. Cool in pan on rack; refrigerate to set before serving.
Makes 18 bars.