Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Two all-time favorite desserts, cheesecake and lemon bars, come together to create one fabulous bar studded with blueberry juice-infused dried cranberries.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
1 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Blueberry Juice Infused Dried Cranberries
3/4 cup Ocean Spray® Blueberry Juice Cocktail
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Combine flour, oats and powdered sugar in large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat at low speed. Add butter; increase speed to medium-low. Beat until crumbly and mixture starts to stick together. Pat into bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until starting to brown.
- For Fillng: Meanwhile, combine sweetened dried cranberries and blueberry juice cocktail in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until juice is absorbed and cranberries are soft. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cream cheese and granulated sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add lemon zest and lemon juice; beat, scraping side of bowl if needed, until smooth. Add eggs and flour; beat until smooth.
- Drop cranberry filling by small spoonfuls over baked crust; spread out. (Will not completely cover crust.) Pour lemon filling evenly over cranberry filling. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center. Cool completely.
- Store covered in refrigerator. Sift 2 tablespoons powdered sugar over filling before serving. Run knife around edges of pan to loosen bars before cutting.
Makes 24 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.