Brownies (Gluten Free)
These gluten-free brownies are made with both white and brown rice flour.
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup thawed frozen egg substitute or 2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons alcohol free vanilla extract or vanilla powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teapoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Powdered sugar for garnish, optional
- Combine cocoa and oil together in small bowl until blended.
- Whisk egg substitute and vanilla 1 minute in large bowl; whisk in sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in cocoa mixture, rice flour, brown rice flour and nuts.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) 20 to 25 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies in pan on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into 16 squares.
Makes 16 squares.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.