Chocolate-Filled Energy Bars
Whether for an afternoon snack or a delicious treat anytime of day, these scrumptious cookie bars are packed with wholesome goodness like oats, raisins, walnuts and chocolate. This recipe created by Christa M. Feix of Wylie, Texas is sure to be a winner in your family.
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup raisins
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Combine oats, nuts and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in large bowl. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over mixture; stir until combined. Spread into shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until oats and nuts are toasted, stirring once. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to large bowl. Cool completely.
- Beat 3/4 cup softened butter in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, remaining granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; beat until mixture is combined. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until combined. Gradually add as much flour as you can with mixer; stir in remaining flour. Add oat mixture and raisins; stir until well combined.
- Spread half of dough into ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle morsels over top, pressing gently into dough. Dot remaining dough mixture on top of morsels.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Cool slightly on wire rack; cut into bars. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Makes 36 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 210 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 95 mg Carbohydrates: 27 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 17 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.