Chocolate 'N Oat Bars
These decadent bars have an oat-crumb crust layered with sweetened condensed milk, nuts and chocolate chips and a crumb topping.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup (6-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and butter, mixing well. Reserve 1/2 cup oat mixture.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crust. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Top with reserved oat mixture; press down firmly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Makes 36 bars.