Chocolate Cheesecake Squares
Chocolate and cheesecake -- what a perfect dessert!
Crust and Topping:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- For Crust and Topping: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, nuts, brown sugar and butter in medium bowl; reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until light golden brown.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in evaporated milk.
- Microwave morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan to room temperature. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator after serving.
Makes 24 squares.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.