This double delight bar has a vanilla cookie
layer topped with a chocolate and cinnamon-flavored layer.
- Cookie Layer:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL
HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine,
cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- Chocolate Crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine,
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- For Cookie Layer: Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat flour, butter, granulated sugar,
baking powder and cinnamon in large mixer bowl until crumbly.
Stir in nuts. Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking
pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until firm.
- For Chocolate Crust: Melt morsels and
butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over lowest possible heat;
stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar, eggs
and vanilla extract. Pour over hot crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes
or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with
Makes 30 (2 1/2 dozen) bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30
of recipe): Calories: 210 Calories from Fat: 110 Total Fat: 12
Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 65 mg Carbohydrates:
23 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 14 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.