A triple treat of chocolate chip cookies
topped with melted chocolate and a delicious cream cheese filling.
A finalist of the 2002/2003 Better Homes and Gardens &
Nestlé Toll House Share the Very Best Recipe
contest, submitted by Laura Chandlee of Dubuque, IA.
Chocolate Cream Bars
- Cookie Base:
- 2 (16.5-ounce) packages NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL
HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted per package directions
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- For Cookie Base: Press one package of
cookie dough on bottom of prepared baking pan.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese in large
mixer bowl on high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar, eggs
and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread filling over cookie
dough base. Cut second package of cookie dough into 15 equal
cookie slices. Place slices on top of filling.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for at least
- To Serve: Let bars stand at room temperature
for 20 minutes before serving. Place each serving on a plate.
Drizzle each serving with melted morsels.
Makes 15 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/15
of recipe): Calories: 640 Calories from Fat: 330 Total Fat: 37
Saturated Fat: 19 g Cholesterol: 95 mg Sodium: 290 mg Carbohydrates:
71 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 26 g Protein: 8 g
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.