Chocolate Pretzel Coconut Layer Bars
For an afternoon snack, a potluck or a family gathering, try these scrumptious cookie bars. They are chock full of pretzels, chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels, coconut and pecans.
Recipe created by Julie Hubbs of Greenfield, Minnesota.
1 (18.25-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup crushed pretzels
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, pretzels, butter and egg in large bowl; stir until well mixed. Press pretzel mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust puffs and appears dry. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Layer semi-sweet morsels, butterscotch morsels, coconut and nuts. Pour sweetened condensed milk over nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 28 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/28 of recipe): Calories: 270 Calories from Fat: 130 Total Fat: 14 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 210 mg Carbohydrates: 32 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 23 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.