Chocolate Strawberry Streusel Bars
Offer these sophisticated bars to your friends or family with vanilla ice cream, or they’ll look great on a dessert tray.
This recipe was shared by Rosemarie Thompson of Rockford, IL.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 (10-ounce) jar strawberry jam
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and 1 cup granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in 2 cups flour. Stir in 1 cup morsels. Spread mixture in prepared pan. Spread jam evenly over mixture in pan, leaving 1/2-inch border.
- Combine 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in remaining morsels. Sprinkle streusel evenly over preserves.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl. Drizzle over bars; let stand until set.
Makes 24 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 310 Calories from Fat: 120 Total Fat: 14 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 70 mg Carbohydrates: 44 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 30 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.