Chocolate Streusel Bars
Chocolate streusel-topped cookie bars with a creamy cheesecake filling.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup cold butter or margarine
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, and unsweetened baking cocoa. Cut in cold butter until crumbly; reserve 2 cups of the mixture. Press the remainder onto the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, egg, and vanilla until fluffy. Pour over the prepared crust.
- Combine chopped walnuts with the reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars.
Makes 24 bars.