Chocolate Walnut Jam Bars
A thin layer of fruit jam is all that comes between the brown sugar crust and the walnut-flavored topping. Melted chocolate chips are spread over the top to finish these bars off.
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam or apricot preserves
2 cups finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in small mixer bowl; beat in 1 3/4 cups flour. Press onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Spread jam over crust. Combine walnuts and sugar in small bowl; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Beat eggs until light in large mixer bowl; beat in remaining walnut mixture, 2 tablespoons flour and vanilla extract. Stir in 1 cup morsels. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is set. Immediately sprinkle remaining morsels over top. Let stand for 5 minutes until morsels are shiny; spread. Sprinkle with reserved walnut mixture. Cool; refrigerate for 10 minutes to set chocolate.
Makes 54 (1-inch) bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/54 of recipe): Calories: 130 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 25 mg Carbohydrates: 14 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 9 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.