Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Squares
A thin layer of fruit jam is all that comes between the brown sugar crust and the walnut-flavored topping. Melted chocolate chips are spread over the top to finish these bars off.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 1 3/4 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread over hot crust.
- Stir nuts into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Makes 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.