Citrus Streusel Squares
Delicious oat streusel-topped dessert squares with a creamy citrus filling.
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups quick or old fashioned oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Heat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Beat brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add combined flour, oats, baking powder and salt; mix until crumbly. Reserve 2 cups oat mixture for topping; set aside. Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine condensed milk, lemon juice, orange juice and peels; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, patting gently.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares. Store tightly covered.
Makes 30 squares.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30 of recipe): Calories 210, Calories From Fat 70, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 115mg, Total Carbohydrates 31g, Dietary Fiber less than 1g, Protein 3g.