Coconut Dream Bars
If you love coconut, these dreamy bars are sure to please.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Add butter and mix until blended.
- Press mixture into ungreased 9-inch square baking pan; bake at 350°F (175°C) for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs until thick and light in color. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup brown sugar and continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix 1/4 cup flour with the baking powder; fold into egg mixture. Mix in coconut, vanilla and nuts.
- Spread over baked crust in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool; cut in bars, triangles, or squares.
Makes 24 bars.