Double Chocolate Bars
Cocoa and chocolate chips makes these cookie bars doubly rich and good.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Mix flour, cocoa and baking soda; set aside.
- Blend butter, sugars, egg and vanilla in large bowl with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture just until blended; stir in chips.
- Press dough in prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.