Dried Cherry Biscotti
These dried cherry biscotti will pair wonderfully with your morning and/or afternoon coffee or tea.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped (less than a 3-ounce package)
1 cup ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease one cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until dough is formed. Stir in cherries and almonds.
- Turn the dough out on lightly floured surface and knead several times. Using the greased cookie sheet as a surface, divide the dough in half and form into two flat logs about 9-inches long and 3-inches wide.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Let cool directly on the baking sheet resting on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 325°F (160°C). On a cutting board, cut the logs on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Put back into oven for 5 minutes. Turn over and bake 5 more minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on baking rack.
- Store in airtight container.
Makes about 30 biscotti.