Easy Rocky Road Brownies
The enduring appeal of rocky road is no surprise. The combination of marshmallow, chocolate and nuts is hard to resist.
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup or more chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels over hot brownies. Let stand for 5 minutes, or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly over brownies. Top with marshmallows, remaining morsels and nuts; press down lightly.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or just until marshmallows just begin to puff.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 to 30 minutes. Cut into pieces with wet knife. Serve warm.
Makes 24 brownies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.