Extra Nutty Chocolate Chip Squares
If you like nuts, you'll go nutty for these chocolate chip squares.
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 cup chopped almonds, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans and/or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)*. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat well. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup morsels. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 morsels over hot cookie layer. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Top with nuts. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Makes 16 bars.
*If using dark or glass pan preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.