Fabulous Triple Chocolate Caramel Peanut Bars
So easy! Soft caramel candies, a German chocolate cake mix, chocolate milk, melted butter, salted peanuts and chocolate chips is all it takes for this fabulous treat.
1 (14-ounce) package soft caramels, unwrapped
2/3 cup chocolate milk - divided use
1 (18-ounce) package two-layer German chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups salted peanuts - divided use
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces - divided use
- Microwave caramels and 1/3 cup of the chocolate milk in 4 cup measuring cup or bowl on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth when stirred, stirring every 2 minutes.
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix together remaining 1/3 cup chocolate milk, cake mix and butter. Reserve 1 cup cake mixture; press remaining cake mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of the peanuts and 1 cup of the chocolate pieces over crust; drizzle with caramel mixture. Top with spoonfuls of remaining cake mixture; flatten with a spatula, pressing into caramel. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup peanuts and 1/2 cup chocolate pieces; press down lightly.
- Continue baking 18 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.