Fruit and Nut Snack Bars
Fruit snack bars made with prepared mincemeat, nuts and chocolate.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/3 cups commercially prepared mincemeat
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (1-ounce) squares baking chocolate, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Pecan halves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir in mincemeat, chopped pecans, melted chocolate and salt; mix well. Stir in flour. Spread evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into bars. Garnish with pecan halves, if desired.
Makes 24 bars.