Fruit and Chocolate Dream Bars
These easy dessert bars are sure to be a hit at your next gathering, potluck, picnic...or whenever!
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
1 3/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- For Crust: Combine flour and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until set but not brown.
- For Topping (prepare while crust is baking): Combine flour, nuts and brown sugar in small bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread jam over hot crust. Sprinkle with morsels and Topping. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Makes 16 bars.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.