Golden Brownies with Chocolate Chips
These golden brownies, also called blondies, are chewy, yummy, and fully-loaded with chocolate chips.
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon water
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease and flour a jelly roll pan.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and water.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to creamed mixture, stirring until well combined; do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 18 to 23 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
Makes 48 blondies.