This version of the classic treat, 'Hello Dolly Bars', is made with vanilla wafer crumbs instead of the traditional graham cracker crumbs.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Melt butter in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Layer ingredients in the order listed, the vanilla wafer crumbs, pecans, coconut, butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares, about 1 hour.
Makes 24 bars.