Honey Almond Biscotti
Almonds, anise seeds, cinnamon, dried cranberries and golden honey make these biscotti special enough to share with friends.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons anise seeds
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a large baking sheet; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter until light; gradually add honey, eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine flour, anise seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to honey mixture, mixing well. Stir in cranberries and almonds.
- Shape dough into two 10x3x1-inch logs on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Transfer logs to cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut each log into 1/2-inch slices; arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or until crisp. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 36 biscotti.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): 121 Calories * 4 g Fat Total * 19 mg Cholesterol * 69 mg Sodium * 19 g Carbohydrates * <1 g Dietary Fiber * 3 g Protein * 29% Calories from Fat *
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Honey Board.