Traditionally, blondies are sweetened with brown sugar, but these special bars are made with pure, golden honey.
1 cup honey
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x9-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- In medium bowl, cream honey and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder; mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely. Cut into squares.
Makes 16 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): 267 Calories * 13.2 g Fat Total * 3.07 g Protein * 36.6 mg Cholesterol * 36.5 g Carbohydrates * 105 mg Sodium * 1.17 g Dietary Fiber * 43% Calories from Fat *
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Honey Board.