Honey Butterscotch Crispies
These no-bake, chocolate-frosted, honey-sweet, butterscotch and peanut butter crispy rice cereal bars are quick and easy.
1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
1/2 cup liquid honey
1/2 cup peanut butter (any style)
5 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x9-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- In a 3 to 4-quart saucepan, combine butterscotch chips, honey and peanut butter. Cook over medium heat stirring until chips and peanut butter are melted.
- Remove from heat; add cereal and stir to coat well.
- Quickly pour into prepared baking pan, press evenly into pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top, once chips are soft enough*, spread evenly over top of cereal mixture.
- Cool completely, then cut into squares.
Makes 16 bars.
*If mixture isn't warm enough to soften the chocolate chips, place under broiler and heat until chips are soft enough to spread.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.