Honey Coconut Pecan Bars
These delectable, honey-sweetened coconut and pecan bars will remind you of pecan pie, only with a graham cracker crust.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour - divided use
1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
3 large eggs - divided use
1 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In food processor with metal blade, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup flour and butter; pulse to combine. Mixture should resemble coarse meal. Add 1 egg and process until dough forms a ball. Press dough evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until crust is set and lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons flour and 2 eggs with remaining ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Pour mixture over cooled crust and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is firm and golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely. Cut into squares.
Makes 24 bars.
Recipe and photgraph courtesy of the National Honey Board.