Honey Oat Biscotti
Enjoy these honey-sweetened oat biscotti with a hot cup of coffee or tea...and a friend or two.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups rolled (quick) oats
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter; beat in honey, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir into butter mixture. Stir in oats and nuts.
- On greased baking sheet shape dough into 2 (10x3x1-inch) logs.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove to cutting board. Cut each log into 1/2-inch strips; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until crisp throughout. Cool completely before storing in tightly closed container.
Makes 36 biscotti.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): 102 Calories * 1.9 g Protein * 4.4 g Fat Total * 14.6 g Carbohydrates * 0.6 g Dietary Fiber * 22 mg Cholesterol * 78 mg Sodium *
Recipe and photgraph courtesy of the National Honey Board.