Moist, chewy brown sugar cookie bars studded with chocolate chips and nuts.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter
2 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter. Add brown sugar and beat until well mixed; cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the flour mixture followed by vanilla. Add chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Turn into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars.
Makes 24 bars.