Lemon Cheesecake Bars
No need to wait for a special occasion for cheesecake. Enjoy these creamy lemon bars tonight.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon yellow food coloring, (optional)
1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour and powdered sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place cream cheese, eggs, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into partially baked crust. Bake for additional 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Spread sour cream over top; refrigerate.
- Cut into bars. Garnish as desired.
Makes 24 bars.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.