Lemon Tea Biscotti
These crunchy Italian cookies are flavored with lemon, tea and vanilla. They go great with afternoon tea, or after dinner coffee.
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/4 cup NESTEA® Unsweetened Instant 100% Tea
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until light and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract and lemon peel.
- Combine Nestea and water in small bowl; stir until tea is dissolved. Add to sugar mixture. Gradually stir in flour mixture and nuts. Shape dough into two 11 x 2-inch logs on each baking sheet; smooth sides with rubber spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of each log comes out clean. Slide logs onto cutting board and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Return to baking sheets cut side down.
- Bake, turning biscotti over halfway through, for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 36 biscotti.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 130 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 3.5 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 85 mg Carbohydrates: 16 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 6 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.