Lucille uses milk chocolate candy bars to make her chewy chocolate brownies.
1 cup butter
3 ounces milk chocolate candy bars
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter and chocolate candy bars in a saucepan; cool.
- Mix together flour and sugar. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the flour mixture; beat in eggs, one at a time, until shiny. Add vanilla and chopped walnuts.
- Butter a 9-inch pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into squares while hot, then allow to cool in the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Makes 16 brownies.