Lunchbox Granola Bars
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
2 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup raisins, chocolate chips or your favorite dried fruit
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup honey
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Oil a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, mix together oats, flour, flaxseed, brown sugar, packed, cinnamon, raisins, sunflower seeds and salt. Make a well in center; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine honey, egg, canola oil, applesauce and vanilla extract. Add liquid ingredients to well and mix. Pat mixture evenly into a prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until bars begin to turn golden at edges.
- Cool 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
Makes 24 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 150; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 55mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.