Macaroon Brownie Bars
If you want something sweet, chewy, coconut and chocolate, these brownie bars are for you.
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 (14-ounce ) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- For Brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- For Macaroon Topping: Combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk in medium bowl. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with morsels; press down slightly.
- Bake an additional 15 to 17 minutes or until topping is set and golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 brownies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.