Macaroon Walnut Brownie Bars
If you love chocolate, coconut and crunchy walnuts, then these brownie bars are for you.
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 (14-ounce ) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- For Brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in walnuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- For Macaroon Topping: Combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, morsels and walnuts; spread over brownies.
- Bake an additional 15 to 17 minutes or until topping is set and golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 brownies.
Tip: Other nuts can also be used in this recipe.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.