Microwave Peanut Butter Cereal Treats
Crispy peanut butter cookie bar treats made in the microwave oven. A fun summertime project for young chefs.
4 cups crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Coat a 13x9x2-inch pan, or for a thicker bar, use a 9x9x2-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Microwave on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and sugar dissolved, stirring twice during cooking.
- Pour over cereal; stir to coat.
- Press evenly into prepared pan. Cool about 15 minutes.
- Invert onto a cutting board; cut into squares.
Makes 24 bars.