Oatmeal Raisin Bars
These easy oatmeal raisin pan cookie bars are great after-school snacks for the kids.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually stir in flour mixture on low speed. Fold in raisins.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bars.
Makes 24 bars.