Oatmeal, Walnut, Cranberry Bars
"This recipe started out as an oatmeal cookie recipe and evolved into my Oatmeal, Walnut, Cranberry Bar. I have always loved to bake. Creating new recipes is something I have just recently started doing. My family, friends and co-workers are always asking me to bake these cookie bars - I knew they were a big hit!" - Recipe created by Lisa Nelson.
1 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup toasted, chopped California walnuts
1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream the butter with the white and brown sugars. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Blend flour, baking soda and baking powder in separate bowl. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the oatmeal and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Spread batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until grown brown and firm in center.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of California Walnuts.